This may sound complicated, but it isn't. It's actually easy. Many people are already used to scanning QR codes (a type of bar-code) with their phones, and smartphones make this really easy.
In fact, there are several different ways to scan a QR code with a smartphone:
- For recent-model iPhones, just use the Camera. Aim the camera at the QR code, and the camera will auto-detect the code, and then automatically show a notification you can tap on, which will take the user to your profile page. Super-easy.
- Some models of Android will work in the same way, using the built-in camera.
- Chrome browser also has a built-in "scan QR" button.
- Snapchat will auto-detect a QR code if you snap a still of it.
- WeChat also has a "scan code" feature.
- As a last resort, there are also many "QR Scanner" apps you can download from the App Store.